>Our Mommy Moments theme this week, New Year List, is just perfect for me.
Last Sunday CJ refused to return to his Dad’s house. Through a torrent of tears he burst, “I want to go home … to Mommy!” Saying that while afflicted by speech development issues made me realize how anguished he must be. A crushing grip on my heart induced a vow – grant his wish even if it meant shaking up my entire life.
Some factors (besides divorce) have affected CJ’s bi-lingual skills. The nanny speaks Burmese in a predominantly Thai-speaking home environment. I speak 98% English and 2% Thai with him. He also hears me speak 3 other dialects with my friends. Time is ripe to sort out this little kid. Doing so falls at the beginning of 2010 – a new year, and a new decade. The coincidence is kinda inspiring–
1. Another birthday. Ceejay turns six in May. It seems only last week that I was a nervous Mom getting an 11-month old infant through Thai immigration, clutching documents and answering airport police officers’ questions.
2. Changes. Opposing views on CJ’s speech problem are going on between the ex and me. In the end it will have to be my decision since I have full child custody. I strongly feel serious changes involving passports and visas are in the offing. Again.
3. A promise is a promise, right? I promised CJ Disneyland for his sixth birthday, and that’s where we are headed in a couple of months. I’ll check out three of the world’s tallest buildings in Hongkong too, and take a side trip to Macau.
4. Schooling. It will be homeschooling for CJ if traditional school does not suit him. An aunt recommends A Beka Academy and I’m eyeing PhD applications.
5. Wedding. I’m going to marry in a castle! Just kidding. I don’t even have a fiance, lol! What I’m saying is I need to inject optimism and humor as it’s a great help in a successful execution of these plans.
Head over to the Mommy Journey to visit