1. Black and White Art Exposition. I didn’t know DK Booktown, one of my city haunts had moved to a new location. When I went there I discovered that an art gallery now stands on the huge chunk of space where the bookstore once was. I love this replacement. The collection is something I want to go back to – another reason to keep free time beautifully occupied.
2. Office chores done. I finished encoding data on Thursday! It’s all ready for submission next week – which means I’m entitled to a carefree weekend 🙂
3. Good news from home. Mama has been discharged from the hospital. She sends me SMS texts these past few days, is her conversationally lively self again, and I’m happy about that. She mused over something that made me smile: Dr G (our family physician) asked about Cj and if we were coming home anytime soon. My mind travelled back to those moments with Dr G’s son… those good, old magical days of puppy love and first lessons in romantic relationships.
4. It’s Friday. I’m a TGIF sort of girl. I appreciate anything that ushers in relaxation and respite from hard work.
5. Food from home. This is my fave fave this week. About a month ago I issued an invitation letter for a friend’s cousin who needed a host’s contact details to supply at the immigration in Manila. I don’t know the guy; never saw him before but I lent my personal info to him in the name of my friendship with his cousin. The favor is no big deal to me. What are friends for anyway? I immediately forgot it but didn’t realize he thought I would be glad to have something from home. And he’s soo right. While I still didn’t really expect him to bring me anything, I’m quite delighted at these familiar goodies he brought me. I had a fabulous dinner while visiting other blogs last night.